Tests at the NEA’s pilot plant with various materials have shown that the radial classifier mounted on airswept impact and roller mills can achieve throughput increases of 30 – 160 % versus static classifiers and 10 – 50 % versus dynamic axial classifiers. Meanwhile, more than 30 retrofits were successfully done.
The NEA Radial Classifier has a compact design, simple construction and an easy access to all inner parts. Maintenance costs are reduced to a minimum.
A quick and accurate control of the fineness and product quality can be adjustetd by the variable speed rotor drive.
This is an important advantage, especially in case of frequent product changes with different quality specifications.
- Sharp and wide range of top cut
- Easy adjustment of product fineness
- Low Maintenance
- Compact and simple design
- Fineness range d97 = 5 – 400 µm
- Classifier Speed 15 – 50 m/s
- Standard Classifier for New NEA Pendulum Rolle Mills
- Suitable to improve performance of all brands of pendulum mills an vertical roller mills
The first generation of radial classifier SDR – K with conical classifier wheel has the following outstanding features:
- Higher throughput capacities
- Wider top cut range
- Sharp top cuts
- Accurate reproducibility
- Lower spec. energy consumption
The NEA Radial Classifier was designed as intergrated mill classifier for the classification of materials in an fineness range from d97 = 20 µm up to d97 = 400 µm. This range of fineness can be achieved economically and without any problems by using a conical classifier wheel.
The second generation of the NEA Radial Classifier SDR-Z with a cylindrical classifier wheel was designed for highest quality:
- Fineness d97 = 5 µm to d97 = 200 µm
- narrow particle size distribution
- no spatter particles
- low revolutions on classifier wheel
- less product stickings
- less wear
Now it is possible for the first time to achieve with a radial classifier and an pendulum roller mill the same fineness as by using a jet mill.
Category: H- Grinding & Classifying System